Select an edition of Magnolia CMS:
- Community Edition Free. Available under open-source GPLv3 license. Includes a browser-based interface, a Java programming API and a custom tag library for templating. It can use any JSR-283 compliant content repository.
- Enterprise Edition Free for a 30-day trial and requires a license to run after that. Best choice for production websites. Includes everything the Community Edition has plus access to Magnolia Evaluation Center, access to enterprise source code through Magnolia Network Agreement, an installer, and advanced enterprise features.
- Web Application Archive (WAR) The WAR file includes the CMS application but no add-ons or application server. You need to deploy it on an existing application server. The Enterprise Edition WAR is available for 30-day trial and requires a license just like the enterprise bundle.
Which file should I download?
There are several Magnolia CMS packages:
- magnolia-tomcat-bundle-x.y.z is a package that contains Magnolia CMS and the Tomcat application server. This is called a "bundle". It is the easiest way to start. You do not need an existing application server because Tomcat is included. Choose this if you want a ready-to-play system. It comes with one author and one public instance so you can try activating content right away.
- magnolia-enterprise-bundle-x.y.z is the Enterprise Edition of the same bundle. It comes with additional enterprise modules.
- magnolia-enterprise-installer-x.y.z is the Enterprise Edition with a convenient installer.
- magnolia-empty-webapp-x.y.z.war is a standalone Web Application Archive (WAR). You need to deploy it to an existing application server. Choose this if you want to build your own project on top of Magnolia CMS. The WAR does not contain any sample content, only the core code. We recommend that you use this artifact as a Maven dependency in your own project, however. It is available in our Nexus repository.
- magnolia-bundled-webapp-x.y.z.war is a standalone Web Application Archive (WAR) with content samples and the DMS module.
- magnolia-enterprise-webapp-x.y.z.war is the equivalent Enterprise Edition WAR. It comes with additional enterprise modules.
- magnolia-enterprise-websphere-webapp-x.y.z.war is the Enterprise Edition WAR configured for the IMB WebSphere application server. You need to deploy it on an existing WebSphere server.
- magnolia-enterprise-weblogic9-webapp-x.y.z.war is the Enterprise Edition WAR configured for the Oracle WebLogic 9 application server. You need to deploy it on an existing WebLogic 9 server.
- magnolia-enterprise-weblogic10-webapp-x.y.z.war is the Enterprise Edition WAR configured for the Oracle WebLogic 10 application server. You need to deploy it on an existing WebLogic 10 server.