General update procedure
- Stop your application server.
- Unpack the bundle corresponding to the version of Magnolia to which you're upgrading.
- Replace all jars found under the
WEB-INF/libdirectory of your Magnolia instance(s) by the new ones found in the bundle you just unpacked. Make sure you remove any module you had previously removed from your instance(s) and re-add any extra module you might have added as well.
- Optionally, you might want to delete all the indexes to give them a little boost: delete the
indexfolder under each workspace directory:
repositories/magnolia/workspaces/website/index, and so on. Indexes will get recreated on startup, which might take a while, depending on the size of your repository.
- If you customized any of the
magnolia.propertiesfiles, please compare the changes you made with the new corresponding file. New properties might have been added, some might have been removed. This will usually be specified in the release notes of the version you're installing.
- Double check the release notes of the version you're installing for any additional step.
- Restart your application server.
- Using your browser, go to your Magnolia instance(s) and follow the instructions given by the install/update wizard.
Please see the release notes pages for update instructions specific to the version you are updating to. If you're skipping versions (if you're updating from a fictional 1.2.3 to 1.2.6, for example), please read all release notes concerning the versions you're skipping too.