Add Tomcat server in Eclipse
The Tomcat server provides a host in which to execute source code built in Eclipse.
Add Tomcat serverThe Tomcat server must be added to Eclipse in order to use it as a host for executing source code.
To add the Tomcat server:
- Start Eclipse.
- Right-click the Package Explorer tab and select New > Other.
- Expand the Server node, select Server and click Next.
- Expand Apache, select your Tomcat server version and click Next.
- Browse to Tomcat installation directory.
- From the JRE list, select your JDK version and click Finish.
Configure Tomcat serverParameters for the server need to be modified in order to correctly execute Magnolia CMS source code.
To initialize the added Tomcat server:
- In the Servers tab, double-click Tomcat Server at localhost.
- In Tomcat settings, set the following:
- Timeouts > Start to 450 seconds.
- Check Server Options > Serve modules without publishing.