AdminCentral is a Magnolia CMS user interface for performing site management and configuration tasks. This is where administrators and editors work. Watch a video to get started.
AdminCentral is laid out in three areas:
- Menu provides access to website pages, documents, inbox and other frequently used items.
- Pages are displayed in a tree view. Documents, workitems in the inbox and data are also displayed in this area.
- Actions apply to the selected item. For example, to open a page select it in the tree view and click Open page. The same actions are available in a right-click context menu.
The default menus are:
- Website. Create and manage web pages. The pages are displayed in a site hierarchy on the right.
- Documents. Document management system (DMS) for storing documents, images and other binary resources that you want to use on the web pages. Full-text indexed and searchable.
- Forums. Discussion forums for use on a website. You can manage user permissions with Magnolia CMS's built-in security module.
- Inbox. Incoming messages such as workflow notifications.
- Data. Custom data types such as contacts, client references and customer cases. You could for example create a custom data type "Client", populate it with recently client wins and showcase them on your website. Here you can also aggregate RSS feeds from external sources.
- Templating Kit. Best-practice templating framework that speeds up site creation and reduces project risk. Ships with common use case examples such as articles, news, forms, public user registration and more, yet allows you to create completely custom sites.
- Security. Manage users, groups, roles and permissions. Public user registration is also managed here.
- Configuration. Configure AdminCentral, menus, dialogs, workflows, cache, modules and more.
- Tools. Maintenance tools for logging, importing and exporting, querying, mail and backup.
- Packager. A tool to help with site migration. You can package an entire website or part of it and move it to a different Magnolia CMS instance.
- Magnolia Store. Download custom modules that extend Magnolia CMS.
superusercan see all menus, editors and publishers see only those that are relevant to their tasks.
Here is an example of AdminCentral with limited menus displayed to user
eric who belongs in an editor role.
Error and warning messages are displayed in a dialog on top of the page.
If you attempt to perform an action that is not possible, for example moving a node to an inappropriate location, an error is displayed. To close the dialog and return to the work area click OK.
When you perform an action that has serious consequences, for example deleting a node, a warning dialog is displayed. To close the warning and return to the work area, click either OK to proceed or Cancel.
The currently logged-in user's username is displayed in the top right corner. Click it to edit the account.
Standard users such as editors and publishers have limited access to their accounts. They can only modify the basics: name, password, email and language preference. They cannot modify permissions. Permissions are only visible to the superuser role by default. For more information see Security.
The search box in the bottom right allows you to search the content of your pages. Page names, titles, content, keywords and descriptions are indexed for search.
Search results are displayed in a list. The gray panel on the right offers grouping and sorting options. Click User, Name or Title to group and sort the results.
Two commands are available in the results list:
- Open page edits the page.
- Show in navigation displays the page in the site hierarchy.