Standard Templating Kit
Magnolia's Standard Templating Kit (STK) is a best-practice framework for creating websites. It builds upon the generic templating mechanism. STK ships with configurable, production-ready templates for common use cases such as articles, news, events, sitemaps and image galleries, while letting developers and creative designers build completely custom sites. Templates can be written in JSP and Freemarker or another templating language.
InstallingThe STK bundle is included in the Enterprise Edition bundle and Community Edition bundle and is typically already installed. Go to Magnolia Store > Installed modules in AdminCentral to check. To install the module individually, see the general module installation instructions.
After installation you will see new menu items Data, Forums and Templating Kit in AdminCentral.
The empty webapp WAR file it does not include the STK or DMS modules. If you want to install the STK on the empty webapp, you need to install DMS first because the STK requires the DMS.
See the general module uninstalling instructions and advice.
Static HTML prototype
The STK bundle ships with a static HTML prototype. You can find it in the
prototype folder inside the ZIP file. It is a collection of STK page templates delivered as stand-alone HTML files. Referenced CSS and images are also included. The static prototype is aimed at creative teams who don't know how Magnolia CMS works or have no particular desire to learn it. It allows designers to work on positioning, typography and color outside of Magnolia CMS, using their own tools, in their own environment.
You can (and should) use the HTML prototype to develop your CSS. The advantages of this approach include:
- See all possible variations of an element instantly
- Perform CSS programming independent of Magnolia CMS
- Better testability
- Faster turnaround
- Introduction to templating describes how the Magnolia template mechanism works. The STK extends this mechanism. The document walks you through creating your first template. Examples are provided for JSP and FreeMarker templating languages.
- Standard Templating Kit (STK) focuses on the STK.
- Technical Guide: STK
- Reference lists the properties you can use to configure your templates and paragraphs, and objects available to template scripts.