Release notes for Magnolia 3.6.3
What has changed since Magnolia 3.6.1This is a bugfix release fixing more than 50 issues and adding a couple of nifty new features. It is a recommended update for all users of Magnolia 3.6.x. As usual, the complete list of changes can be found on our Jira.
It is bundled with a new release of the DMS module, which fixes a couple of issues related to mime-types and icons. It is also bundled with new releases of the Magnolia Tools project and the Backup module.
Please note that the 3.6.2 release was cancelled due a to a last minute bug, which has now been fixed.
Other notable changes
- Restored Java 1.4 compatibility, which was broken in previous 3.6 releases. (MAGNOLIA-2380)
- Servlet mappings in the servlet dispatcher filter are now compliant with the Servlet specification. (MAGNOLIA-2115) Mappings for the log4j and mail servlets have been updated. You will need to ensure mappings to any custom servlet you might have added are still valid (the
/myServlet*does not work anymore and needs to be either or both of
- The activation now runs in parallel of all other processes without blocking write access to the repository. (MAGNOLIA-2378)
- Caching of the first request now works correctly even when the client doesn't support gzip encoding. (MAGNOLIA-2177)
- Resolved encoding issue with content served directly from nodes on Weblogic. (MAGNOLIA-2364)
- Fixed issue with versions not being stored properly by the backup module. (MGNLBACKUP-13)
- Various security related improvements related to user permissions and concurrent logins. (MAGNOLIA-1265, MAGNOLIA-2316, MAGNOLIA-2317, MAGNOLIA-2318, MAGNOLIA-2388, MAGNOLIA-2344)
- Renamed the
CustomSaveHandlerinterface, which was introduced in 3.6.1, to
- Fixed i18n issues with the calendar control. (MAGNOLIA-2035)
mainBartag now exposes a
paragraphattribute is still working but is deprecated. (MAGNOLIA-2185)
editBartag now provides a way to display the paragraph name. (MAGNOLIA-2095)
- Added a new
poweredBytag to show off your love for Magnolia. (MAGNOLIA-2292)
How to update from Magnolia 3.6.1Please refer to the general update procedure page.
How to update from Magnolia 3.6Please refer to the release notes for Magnolia 3.6.1. The procedure is identical.
How to update from an earlier version of MagnoliaPlease refer to the release notes for Magnolia 3.6. The procedure is identical.
When upgrading from 3.6 or earlier, please make sure you use Magnolia Tools version 1.0.4, which is available from our download area.