Release notes for Magnolia 4.2
- What has changed since Magnolia 4.1.1
- How to update from Magnolia 4.1
- How to update from an earlier version of Magnolia
- Known issues
What has changed since Magnolia 4.1.1
- Fix for MAGNOLIA-2524 and MAGNOLIA-2899 changes the way URI is decoded. In fact it is no longer decoded. Only the selectors and query parameter values are decoded as it should be. If you were depending on this error (the decoding for example changed all occurrences of plus in the URI to space) you might have to update your templates.
- nodebuilder api
- Jackrabbit 1.6
- Improved code editor: Code editor has now syntax highlighting and line numbers. It is active by default but can be turned off by setting the configuration node
false, if one prefers working within a plain text area. Known issues: this new feature does not currently work on Safari, Chrome and Opera. In those cases the code editor falls back nicely to a plain a text area. See also MAGNOLIA-2940 and MAGNOLIA-2941
- data module 1.4 hierarchical types
- dms 1.4.1 i18n-aware
- stk 1.2
- improved accessibility (added support for the role attribute)
- integration of public user registration
- the section banner (the blue bar) and the section header (title and abstract) has been separated (MGNLSTK-501)
- content pages can have a main image in the header (MGNLSTK-466)
- the image for the teaser is now searched in the page's content (MGNLSTK-457)
The Magnolia team would like to thank everyone who reported issues or contributed patches to this release. Your continuous interest helps us make Magnolia better.
How to update from Magnolia 4.1Please refer to the general update procedure page.
If you want to take advantage of Jackrabbit's new “DataStore” feature, you will have to migrate your repository; modifying your existing repository configuration to add the DataStore feature, without migrating it, will result in the loss of blobs.
How to update from an earlier version of MagnoliaPlease refer to the release notes for Magnolia 4.1. The procedure is identical.
Please see the release notes pages for update instructions specific to the version you are updating to. If you're skipping versions (if you're updating from a fictional 1.2.3 to 1.2.6, for example), please read all release notes concerning the versions you're skipping too.
JBoss 5There is an unfortunate issue, specifically when deploying under JBoss 5: you will need to remove the Xerces jar from the Magnolia webapps: if deploying using war files, you can remove it from the archive, or with the following Unix command
zip -d path-to-magnolia.war WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl-2.8.1.jar. If deploying using an exploded directory, simply remove the
WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl-2.8.1.jarfile. See MAGNOLIA-2577 for technical details. If you get exception messages such as
org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to create a new SAX parserand/or
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration, this is the issue you're hitting.
Weblogic 10When deploying on Weblogic 10, there is a version conflict while using
commons-lang. While Weblogic-10 is distributed with
commons-lang-2.3.jar, JackRabbit and Magnolia need at least
commons-lang-2.4.jar. To resolve this issue, modify
setDomainEnv.shof Weblogic and add
PRE_CLASSPATH. Since version 2.4 of
commons-langdoesn't remove any methods, but only adds new API and fixes known bugs, there is no adverse effect from this change to the Weblogic installation.
Weblogic 9The imaging module doesn't function properly due to conflict with a
javax.imageioplugin bundled with this version of Weblogic. There is currently no known workaround for the issue.
Please see the list of known issues in the administration section for more details.