Need help with Magnolia CMS? If you have a support contract with Magnolia International, you can enter support requests into our Jira issue tracking system.
- Issue tracking system
- Reporting an issue
- Reporting a security issue
- Moving an issue into the Support project
- Making issues visible to team mates
- Betas are not supported
- Issue types
- Following up on your issues
- Stale issues
- Mailing lists
Issue tracking system
Bugs, enhancement requests and support requests are managed in Jira issue tracking system.
If you don't have a Magnolia support account yet, please contact Magnolia Sales at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your name. Please give your personal name. Don't use a shared account. We are happy to create two accounts if needed.
- Name of your company
- Name of your client. This is needed if you are working for a client who already has a contract with Magnolia International.
- Email address. Please provide an individual email address at your company, not a generic account such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone number where we can reach you.
Reporting an issue
Provide lots of details when reporting an issue. This allows us to help you more effectively. Please report how to reproduce the problem, attach log files, screenshots and so on. Create an issue directly or click Create new issue and select the Support - Magnolia project in Jira.
If you do not see the Support - Magnolia project in Jira, you do not have a support account. Send us the details listed above. Support requests reported in other projects will be closed since they lack details about your configuration.
Reporting a security issue
If you find a security issue, don't report it in Jira where it becomes public knowledge and open to exploits. Send mail to email@example.com instead. The Magnolia Support team will investigate and take appropriate action.
We take security seriously and aim to provide patches promptly. The best way to stay secure is to always keep your Magnolia CMS instances up-to-date.
Moving an issue into the Support project
To move an issue entered into another project into the Support project:
- Open the issue in Jira.
- Click More actions > Move.
- Set New Project to Support - Magnolia.
- Set New Issue Type to Support Request.
- Click Next and fill the environment details.
Making issues visible to team mates
By default, support issues are only visible to the reporter (you) and Magnolia International Support staff. If you want to grant your team mates access to the issue, type their account names into the Visible to field. You need an Enterprise support account in order to create and edit issues.
Betas are not supported
Beta versions of Magnolia CMS are not supported. They are not official production releases or intended for production use. Please do not file support tickets for betas. Report and discuss problems on the forum instead.
Select from the following issue types:
- Support Request. Use for configuration or development advice. The number of hours spent on this type of issue is not unlimited but is governed by the clause of your service level agreement or product agreement with Magnolia International.
- Magnolia Malfunction. Use to ask for help with any kind of problem related to corrupted repository, missing documentation or malfunctioning Magnolia CMS code. Covered by support agreement.
- Installation and Migration. Use to request help with initial installation of Magnolia CMS or for help with migration of Magnolia CMS to a newer version or different type of configuration. Covered by support agreement.
Following up on your issuesAt any time, you can see the status of your issues by browsing Jira.
Once a member of the Magnolia Support Team takes your request in charge, it will switch to the In Progress status. If we need more information from you, you will receive an email and the status will be Waiting for customer information. To reply to us, please use the Jira web interface, and the Reply to Magnolia Support action (in the left menu), so that it comes back to us in the proper status. Here too, your collaboration will help us following up with your issue more effectively. Of course, you can always add comments or attachments when needed.
Once the issue is resolved for you, you can Close it immediately. A member of the Magnolia Support Team could also Resolve your issue, in which case you'll have the possibility to Confirm the issue resolution, or Re-open it if you think your issue isn't entirely solved.
Issues where we have been waiting for feedback for a certain amount of time might get closed automatically. You'll always have the possibility to Re-open issues, even if they have been closed this way.
Subscribe to the users mailing list to stay updated. You can post questions and reach a wide community of experts.