To update Magnolia:
- Stop the application server.
- Extract the new Magnolia bundle.
- Replace JAR files in the
WEB-INF/libfolder of your old Magnolia instances with new JARs from the bundle.
- Remove any module JARs you had previously removed from your instances. Add any modules you might have added.
- Optional: Optional: Delete all indexes to give them a little boost. Delete the
indexfolder under each workspace directory:
repositories/magnolia/workspaces/<workspace>/index. Indexes are recreated on startup, which might take a while depending on the size of your repository.
- If you customized
magnolia.propertiesfiles, compare the changes to the file in the new bundle. Properties may have been added and removed.
- Read release notes for all intermediary versions for any additional update tasks.
- Restart the application server.
- Using your browser, go to the Magnolia instances and run the Web update.
Read the release notes for the version you are updating to and all intermediate versions.