What has changed since Magnolia 4.5.2
Magnolia 4.5.3 fixes various activation issues, multi-site, multi-channel and localization issues, and implements the "main bar always on top" feature. It also ships with the WebDAV, Scheduler and Google Sitemap modules which are now compatible with 4.5. It is a recommended update for all users of Magnolia 4.5.x.
An aggregated change log can be found in our issue tracker; this release includes the following new module versions:
- Magnolia 4.5.3 (CE)
- Magnolia DMS Module 1.6.2 (CE)
- Magnolia Data Module 1.7.2 (CE)
- Magnolia Form Module 1.4.2 (CE)
- Magnolia Google Sitemap Module 1.2 (CE)
- Magnolia Groovy Module 1.2.3 (CE)
- Magnolia Migration 1.1.1 (CE)
- Magnolia RSS Aggregator Module 1.3.2 (CE)
- Magnolia Resources Module 1.5.3 (CE)
- Magnolia Scheduler Module 1.5.2 (CE)
- Magnolia Standard Templating Kit 2.0.3 (CE)
- Magnolia WebDAV Module 1.1 (CE)
- Magnolia Content Dependencies Module 1.0.5 (EE)
- Magnolia Diff Module 1.1.2 (EE)
- Magnolia Enterprise Edition 4.5.3 (EE)
- Magnolia Extended Templating Kit 2.0.3 (EE)
- Magnolia LDAP support 1.5.3 (EE)
- Magnolia Soft Locking Module 2.0.2 (EE)
- Magnolia Synchronization Module 1.1 (EE)
- Magnolia XA Activation (exchange-transactional) 1.3.2 (EE)
The Magnolia team would also like to thank everyone who reported issues, contributed patches, or simply commented on issues for this release. Your continued interest helps us make Magnolia better. Special thanks go to: Adam Galloway, Bob Ziuchkovski, Danilo Ghirardelli, Fabrice Lazzari, Hay Kranen, Marco Glur, Matt Dertinger, Matteo Pelucco, Richard Unger, Rory Gibson, Ryan Gardner, Tomas Brimor, and Will Scheidegger.
How to update from Magnolia 4.5.x
Please refer to the general update procedure page.
How to migrate from Magnolia 4.4.6
How to migrate from versions prior to 4.4.6
Updating from a version prior to 4.4.6 directly to 4.5.x does not work. You need to first update to 4.4.6, then follow the . Finally, update to 4.5.2 following the general update procedure.
There is an unfortunate issue, specifically when deploying under JBoss *5*: you will need to remove the Xerces jar from the Magnolia webapps: if deploying using WAR files, you can remove it from the archive, or with the following Unix command
zip -d path-to-magnolia.war WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl-2.8.1.jar. If deploying using an exploded directory, simply remove the
WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl-2.8.1.jar file. See MAGNOLIA-2577 for technical details.
If you get exception messages such as
org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to create a new SAX parser and/or
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration, this is the issue you're hitting.
When deploying on Weblogic 10, there is a version conflict while using
commons-lang. While Weblogic-10 is distributed with
commons-lang-2.3.jar, JackRabbit and Magnolia need at least
commons-lang-2.4.jar. To resolve this issue, modify
setDomainEnv.sh of Weblogic and add
commons-lang-2.4.jar to the
PRE_CLASSPATH. Since version 2.4 of
commons-lang doesn't remove any methods, but only adds new API and fixes known bugs, there is no adverse effect from this change to the Weblogic installation.
The imaging module doesn't function properly due to conflict with a
javax.imageio plugin bundled with this version of Weblogic. There is currently no known workaround for the issue.
Please see the list of known issues in the administration section for more details.