What changed since Magnolia 4.5.8
Magnolia 4.5.9 delivers the following fixes and enhancements:
- Preview of workitem content from all workspaces. Previously only content from
dmsworkspaces could be previewed.
- Direct area rendering
- Restricting component actions (edit, delete, move) by role.
- Scripts to update of configuration (
jaas.config) before migration to 4.5.
- Report persistence can be made optional with the
- Navigation starting level is now configurable.
- Fix an issue where a JCRAdminTree does not show the correct activation status for subnodes.
- Fix an issue where template
idwas not considered when configuring template availability.
An aggregated change log for 4.5.9 contains all the changes. This release is a recommended update for all users of Magnolia 4.5.
This release includes the following new module versions:
- Magnolia Categorization Module 1.2.6 (CE)
- Magnolia DMS Module 1.6.7 (CE)
- Magnolia Data Module 1.7.5 (CE)
Magnolia Form Module 1.4.6 (CE)Update to Form module 1.4.7. See Known issues below.
- Magnolia Google Sitemap Module 1.2.2 (CE)
- Magnolia Imaging Module 2.2.3 (CE)
- Magnolia Migration 1.2.3 (CE)
- Magnolia RSS Aggregator Module 1.4 (CE)
- Magnolia Resources Module 1.5.7 (CE)
- Magnolia Standard Templating Kit 2.0.10 (CE)
- Magnolia WebDAV Module 1.1.2 (CE)
- Magnolia Content Dependencies Module 1.1.1 (EE)
- Magnolia Content Translation Support 1.1.3 (EE)
- Magnolia Extended Templating Kit 2.0.10 (EE)
- Magnolia License 1.3.2 (EE)
- Magnolia Newsletter Module 1.3 (EE)
- Magnolia Packager 4.0.8 (EE)
- Magnolia Tools 1.2.1 (EE)
- Magnolia XA Activation (exchange-transactional) 1.3.7 (EE)
- Magnolia Device Detection Module 1.0.2 (Forge)
The Magnolia team would also like to thank everyone who reported issues, contributed patches, or simply commented on issues for this release. Your continued interest helps us make Magnolia better. Special thanks go to: Bence Vass, Marvin Kerkhoff, Michiel Meeuwissen, Mike Wilson, Ralf Hirning, and Wolf Bubenik.
How to update from Magnolia 4.5.8
Update the data item node type
Do this before installing Magnolia. This is an additional task when updating to Magnolia 4.5.9 and to Data module 1.7.5. It fixes an issue where a JCRAdminTree does not show the correct activation status for subnodes. The activation status is incorrect because metadata nodes are missing.
You can perform the update in two ways:
A) Manual update
Edit the node types in
B) Scripted update
updateDataItemNodeDefinition.py Python script. The script is in the Data module bundle in Nexus.
To run the script:
General update process
How to migrate from Magnolia 4.4.7
Migration is your starting point. You should understand that migration is not a simple update but an effort that needs to be planned ahead.
How to migrate from versions prior to Magnolia 4.4.6
Updating from a version prior to 4.4.6 directly to 4.5.9 does not work. You need to first update to 4.4.6, then follow the procedure described in Migration. Finally, follow How to update from Magnolia 4.5.8 above.
Cross-site-scripting (XSS) vulnerability
We recommend that you update to Form module 1.4.7 which fixes a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
Confirmation email content type
Starting with Form 1.4.5, confirmation email messages that are sent to users when they submit a form are composed using a
editCode control. The messages were previously composed with an
edit control. This changes the way the confirmation message HTML body is stored in the repository and how it is retrieved. You need to update your custom forms and existing message bodies accordingly. See an example in
UpdatePurConfirmationEmailTypeTask. If you don't update the control type and message nodes you will not be able to read or update existing messages and you run the risk of losing the messages altogether when a user saves the dialog.
Getting issue details...
See other known issues.