Digital asset management (DAM) stores all assets in one centralized location. Users can view, manage and edit their assets in the Assets app. The Digital Asset Management module provides DAM functionality.
Assets stored in the DAM can be used on Web pages, for example to display an image on the page or to link to a downloadable document.
- Store all media types (image, video, audio, Flash, documents) in one place.
- Use assets on Web pages and in custom content types.
- Edit images.
- Metadata. By default the DAM supports the Dublin Core metadata standard. Additional standards can be added.
- Control access to assets and the editing functionality.
The DAM provides effective asset management and basic editing features. It is not intended to replace media tools that feature archiving and advanced edit functionality. The focus is on a convincing, consistent and easy to understand solution covering the everyday needs of companies running single or multiple websites with Magnolia.
The benefits of storing files in the DAM are:
- Centralization: The DAM provides a centralized location for assets that can be used across different websites in a Magnolia instance.
- Time saving: STK components take advantage of the metadata defined in the Assets app. For example, the title and caption of an image asset are rendered automatically.
- Re-use: The same asset can be used in many locations of the site.
- Consistency: Updating a single asset in the Assets app propagates to all pages where the asset is used.
- Standardization: The same file properties are used each time the file is referenced. You can make the metadata fields mandatory to ensure editors include relevant content.
#trackbackRdf ($trackbackUtils.getContentIdentifier($page) $page.title $trackbackUtils.getPingUrl($page))