In the Magnolia 5 branch, we support each major release for at least two years after the release of the following major version. For example, Magnolia 5.6 is supported for at least two years after the release of 5.7.
From version 6 onwards, Magnolia classifies major releases (x.y) into Long-Term Support (LTS) and Feature releases.
Unless otherwise stated, LTS releases are maintained for at least two years after their release. When a new major release is made available, the current LTS release goes into maintenance mode.
The duration of the maintenance mode is determined by Magnolia. For more information about the maintenance mode, see our Maintenance policy on the corporate website.
Feature releases are fully maintained until the following LTS or Feature release is available.
When a new LTS or Feature release is available, we will ship one more maintenance release after which the current Feature release can be declared end-of-life:
- Immediately with the final maintenance release.
- After an extended end-of-life period, to support migration.
When the supported life of a version ends, we announce end-of-life (EoL) on this page. We do not provide formal support, bug fixes or security fixes for customers using an EoL version of Magnolia. However, we do our best to assist customers who encounter issues with EoL versions of Magnolia. DX Core customers who run an EoL version can use their support contract to verify issues, ask questions about the product, and get help with migration to a newer, supported version of the product.
During the extended end-of-life (EEoL) period, which is intended to support migration, we only address critical stability and security issues. The start of this period is determined by Magnolia and announced below on this page.
Currently supported releases
|Maintained||Released||End of life|
|Not maintained||Released||End of life|
- Magnolia 6.1 reached end-of-life (EoL) on March 31, 2021. The 6.1 branch is no longer maintained.
- Magnolia 6.0 reached end-of-life (EoL) on June 26, 2019. The 6.0 branch is no longer maintained.
- Magnolia 5.6 reached end-of-life (EoL) on June 25, 2020. The 5.6 branch is no longer maintained.
- Magnolia 5.5 reached end-of-life (EoL) on November 15, 2019. The 5.5 branch is no longer maintained.
- Magnolia 5.4 reached end-of-life (EoL) on November 15, 2018. The 5.4 branch is no longer maintained.
- Magnolia 4.5 reached end-of-life (EoL) on June 30, 2016. The 4.5 branch is no longer maintained.
Versions earlier than those listed above are also in end-of-life status.
We encourage you to upgrade your sites to the latest release of the latest Magnolia branch.
Raising issues for supported versions
You can raise issues for supported versions of Magnolia at https://jira.magnolia-cms.com. Getting a fix may require upgrading to a version that includes the fix. Critical security fixes are backported to currently supported versions.
To get extended support for your EoL version of Magnolia, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Support for EoL instances is provided only under special terms agreed with the client.
Upgrading to a supported version
Magnolia International provides assistance upgrading your EoL version to a supported version. Contact email@example.com to get help. Our experienced Services team will help manage and implement a smooth migration.