Released on November 22, 2013
What has changed since Magnolia 5.1.1
Magnolia 5.2 delivers the following fixes and enhancements:
- Improved the Migration process to handle changes that happened between 4.5 and 5.2.
- Migrated more legacy apps from old UIs to new Vaadin UIs: Resources, In-place Templating, Groovy, Google Analytics, Google Sitemap, RSS Aggregator, Mail and Shop.
- Added a REST module that:
- Provides REST endpoints for CRUD operations on JCR nodes and properties.
- Allows you to call any Magnolia command via REST.
- Allows you to expose your own REST endpoints via Magnolia.
- Added the ability to delegate user administration to an admin who is responsible for a particular user group such as a department.
- Added the path and name of the published item to workflow messages. This way the reviewer can see what is being published and can preview the item.
- Enabled actions on multiple items. The user can now select multiple items at once and perform an action on all of them, for example delete all selected contacts.
Changed the group ID of the CE bundle from
info.magnolia.bundle. Update your POM with the new group ID. Example:
- Added Chinese and German language bundles with UI translations.
- Changed the primary node type of the
mgnl:content. The node is now displayed to users as a node rather than a folder. If you copied configuration from our existing apps or followed the My first content app tutorial, update the node type to
- Added Internet Explorer 10 permutation to MagnoliaWidgetSet descriptor. This makes Magnolia work on IE 10 and 11 in compatibility mode.
- Updated Groovy to 1.8.1
- Updated Jackrabbit to 2.6.4.
- Fixed a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in export.html.
- Fixed issue with URI security.
An aggregated change log for 5.2 contains all the changes. This release is a recommended update for all users of Magnolia 5.
This release includes the following new module versions:
- Magnolia CE 5.2
- Magnolia EE 5.2
- Activation 5.2
- Admin Interface Legacy 5.2
- Cache 5.2
- Categorization 2.2
- Commenting 2.1
- Contacts app 1.2
- DAM 1.2
- Data 2.2
- Diff 1.5
- Form 2.2
- Forum 3.2
- Google Analytics 1.2
- Google Sitemap 2.0
- Groovy 2.2
- In-place Templating 2.2
- Mail 5.1
- Multisite 1.0.1
- Observation 2.0
- Public User Registration 2.2
- Resources 2.2
- REST 1.0
- RSS Aggregator 2.2
- STK 2.7
- Templating Samples 5.2
- Transactional Activation 2.1
- UI 5.2
- Workflow 5.2
The Magnolia team would also like to thank everyone who reported issues, contributed patches, or simply commented on issues for this release. Your continued interest helps us make Magnolia better. Special thanks go to Marek Swiecznik, Marvin Kerkhoff, Paul Piper, Peter Varga and Serg Nesterenko.
How to update from Magnolia 4.5 and earlier
See Known issues.