Released on December 20, 2013
What has changed since Magnolia 5.2
Magnolia 5.2.1 delivers the following fixes and enhancements:
- Added the possibility to process requests after the Rendering filter.
- Added an install condition that detects problematic environments, stops the installation process, and warns the user.
- Added support for the
mgnl:pagenode type to the XMLFileSplitter - a tool used to split large bootstrap files and exports.
- Added the Tools, Backup and Synchronization modules to the Enterprise Edition bundle.
- Changed who receives error messages. Only the current user is notified when an action they perform fails. The message is not broadcast to all users.
- Updated workflow process instances so that running workflows persist and are actionable after server restart.
- Added a dependency check that warns the user when they delete a content item that is depended upon by other content.
- Made the Page Editor multisite-aware. This allows site specific i18n configuration and displays language options to editors.
- Various security fixes for roles, ACLs and the Security app.
An aggregated change log for 5.2.1 contains all the changes.
This release is a recommended update for all users of Magnolia 5.
This release includes the following new module versions:
- Magnolia 5.2.1
- Magnolia Enterprise Edition 5.2.1
- Activation 5.2.1
- AdminCentral Legacy 5.2.1
- Backup 1.5
- Cache 5.2.1
- Categorization 2.2.1
- Commenting 2.1.1
- Content Dependencies 1.3.3
- DAM 1.2.1
- Data 2.2.1
- Diff 1.5.1
- Form 2.2.1
- Forum 3.2.1
- Google Sitemap 2.0.1
- Groovy 2.2.1
- Imaging 3.0.3
- In-place Templating 2.2.1
- Main 5.1.1
- Multisite 1.0.2
- Public User Registration 2.2.1
- Resources 2.2.1
- REST 1.0.1
- RSS Aggregator 2.2.1
- Standard Templating Kit 2.7.1
- Synchronization 1.5
- Tools 1.5
- Transactional Activation 2.1.1
- UI 5.2.1
- Workflow 5.2.1
The Magnolia team would also like to thank everyone who reported issues, contributed patches, or simply commented on issues for this release. Your continued interest helps us make Magnolia better. Special thanks go to David Moss, Felix Rabe, Jozef Chocholacek, Marvin Kerkhoff, Nils Breunese, Tom Wespi, Vincent Gombert and Vivian Steller.
How to update from Magnolia 5.x
Follow the standard update process.
How to update from Magnolia 4.5 and earlier
See: Known issues.