Released on February 5, 2014
What has changed since Magnolia 5.2.1
Magnolia 5.2.2 delivers the following fixes and enhancements:
- Added more configuration options for the rich text field. The editor now supports text alignment, colors, fonts, lists, height and viewing source.
- Added new JCR 2.0 event types
PERSISTin the Observation module.
- Enabled updating of binary properties using REST. The binary data has to be sent Base64 encoded.
- Translated Magnolia native apps to Spanish and Japanese.
- Ported WebDAV and Shop modules to Magnolia 5.
- Set the time of creation for new nodes automatically (
mgnl:activatablemixin to the
mgnl:contentNodenode type to display the correct activation status for areas and components in the JCR Browser
- Added a read-only icon next to tree and list items that cannot be edited.
- Added support for converting enums case-insensitively in Node2Bean.
- Changed the publish action in the Configuration app to publish only the selected node not its children. Apps that behave the same way are JCR Browser, STK Site definitions, STK Themes, STK Channels, STK Dialogs and STK Template Definitions.
- Fixed migration issues for users migrating from 5.0/5.1.
- Added support for Internet Explorer 8.
- Enabled experimental support for Android tablet devices.
If you encounter an issue where broken characters are displayed instead of national characters, make sure that the encoding used for the server and the servlet container is UTF-8. This may occur if the content language has a non-Latin character set such as in Arabic, Chinese or Japanese. See Language .
An aggregated change log for 5.2.2 contains all the changes.
This release is a recommended update for all users of Magnolia 5.
This release includes the following new module versions:
- Magnolia 5.2.2
- Enterprise Edition 5.2.2
- Activation 5.2.2
- AdminCentral Legacy 5.2.2
- Cache 5.2.2
- Categorization 2.2.2
- Commenting 2.1.2
- Contacts 1.2.1
- Content Dependencies 1.3.4
- DAM 1.2.2
- Data 2.2.2
- Diff 1.5.2
- Form 2.2.2
- Google Sitemap 2.0.2
- Groovy 2.2.2
- In-place Templating 2.2.2
- Mail 5.1.2
- Multisite 1.0.3
- Observation 2.0.1
- Public User Registration 2.2.2 If you are updating from Magnolia 5.2.1, use Public User Registration 2.2.3 instead. See Known issues.
- Resources 2.2.2
- REST 1.0.2
- RSS Aggregator 2.2.2
- Shop 2.0
- STK 2.7.2
- UI 5.2.2
- WebDAV 2.0
- Workflow 5.2.2
The Magnolia team would also like to thank everyone who reported issues, contributed patches, or simply commented on issues for this release. Your continued interest helps us make Magnolia better. Thank you everyone who contributed to this release: Christian Hamm, Frank Sommer, Jean-Charles, Joshua Portway, Maja, Marcel Stör, Markus Grieder, Petr Kadlec, Radosław Janas, Rainer Blumenthal, Ricardo Ulate, Richard Unger, Sigurd Rolfes and Tom Wespi. Special thanks to Masao Suda who single-handedly translated the Magnolia user interface to Japanese.
How to update from Magnolia 5.x
Follow the standard update process.
How to update from Magnolia 4.5 and earlier
Public User Registration fails when upgrading from Magnolia 5.2.1
Public User Registration 2.2.2 module update fails when you update from Magnolia 5.2.1 to 5.2.2:
If this error happens, download PUR 2.2.3, replace the faulty JAR file, and start the update again. A fresh install of Magnolia 5.2.2 is not impacted, only an update from 5.2.1. MGNLPUR-124 - Getting issue details... STATUS
See other known issues.