What has changed since Magnolia 5.2.7
Magnolia 5.2.8 delivers the following key fixes and enhancements:
- Added a CSRF security filter that prevents cross-site request forgery attacks.
- Re-enabled forum administration of LDAP-managed users.
- Improved behavior when uploading ZIP files to DAM: already existing files are overwritten, UUIDs remain the same.
- When installing the Commenting module, the Page Comments forum will only be created if it does not exist already.
- When using latest Java 7 (1.7.0_65+) or Java 8 (1.8.0_11+) on OS X, there are no more problems running Tomcat. Broken connections and JVM crashes are gone. We adapted install conditions accordingly.
Change log for 5.2.8 contains all the changes.
This release is a recommended update for all users of Magnolia 5.
This release includes the following new module versions:
- Magnolia 5.2.8
- Activation 5.3
- Commenting 2.2.2
- Content Dependencies 1.3.6
- DAM 1.2.7
- Data 2.2.4
- Enterprise Edition 5.2.8
- Form 2.2.6
- Forum 3.3.4
- Resources 2.2.7
- Standard Templating Kit 2.7.8
- Transactional Activation 2.2
- UI 5.2.9
The Magnolia team would also like to thank everyone who reported issues, contributed patches, or simply commented on issues for this release. Your continued interest helps us make Magnolia better. Special thanks go to: Joerg Von Frantzius, Daniele Biagi, Thomas Koerner, Nils Breunese, Samuli Penttilä, Matteo Pelucco, Stefan Baur, Vivian Steller, Rico Jansen, and Adi De Masi.
How to update from Magnolia 5.x
Follow the standard update process.
How to update from Magnolia 4.5 and earlier
See: Known issues.