To update Magnolia:
- Stop your application server.
- Unpack the bundle corresponding to the version of Magnolia to which you're upgrading.
- Replace all JARs under the
WEB-INF/libdirectory of your Magnolia instances with the new JARs found in the bundle you just unpacked. Remove any modules you had previously removed from your instances and add any extra module you might have added.
- Optional: Delete all indexes to give them a little boost. Delete the
indexfolder under each workspace directory:
repositories/magnolia/workspaces/<workspace>/index. Indexes are recreated on startup, which might take a while depending on the size of your repository.
- If you customized any
magnolia.propertiesfiles, compare the changes you made with the new file. New properties might have been added and some might have been removed. This will usually be specified in the release notes of the version you are installing.
- Double check the release notes of the version you are installing for any additional steps.
- Restart your application server.
- Using your browser, go to your Magnolia instances and run the Web update.
Read the release notes for update instructions specific to the version you are updating to. If you skip versions, for example updating from 1.2.3 to 1.2.6, read all release notes for the versions you skip too.