The Cache Browser app allows you to log in - remotely and simultaneously - to all public instances from the author instance to manage the cache. The app is a central point to control what’s in the cache. You can force-flush items by deleting, and download items for inspection and comparison.
No configuration is required. The public instances are detected automatically from the subscriber configuration. The app is implementation-agnostic and works in the same way regardless on the installed cache engine.
The app is a subapp of the Cache Tools app.
Maven is the easiest way to install the module. Add the following dependency to your bundle:
<dependency> <groupId>info.magnolia.cache</groupId> <artifactId>magnolia-cache-browser-app</artifactId> <version>5.4.7</version> </dependency>
Pre-built jars are also available for download. See Installing a module for help.
The browser displays the content of the cache on all public instances. It gives you a single place of control and lets you explore the cache.
- You can see whether content exists on only one or multiple public instances.
- Compare content on different instances. For example, check whether the same image is served.
- Check how your load balancer is working. For example, see if the cache is distributed evenly between instances.
To use the app:
- On the author instance open the Browser subapp and log in. For your security, passwords are not stored. You need to login every time you use the app.
- In the cache browser you can:
- Download items for inspection. Multiple items are delivered in a ZIP file.
- Delete items to force-flush them from the cache.
- Sort on column headings.