The Enterprise Edition requires a license to run. You will receive a license key from Magnolia International with your purchase. Enter the key into the system when installing Magnolia. You can also update the key in configuration later.
Magnolia 4 licenses do not work in Magnolia 5.
Editions and licenses
Magnolia is available in three editions:
- Community Edition. Free. Open-source GPLv3 license. Limited to one subscriber.
- Enterprise Edition Standard. Requires an EE license. Includes all Community Edition features plus Enterprise features.
- Enterprise Edition Professional. Requires an EE Pro license. Includes all EE Standard features plus some specific features.
Try Magnolia CMS on-premises or in the cloud. Download our open source community edition for free or apply for time-limited trials of our enterprise offers.
Buying a license
Contact us to buy an Enterprise Edition license.
Requesting license key renewal
If your license key has expired, send mail to email@example.com and request a new key.
Checking license details
Open the About Magnolia app to check your license details.
Updating a license key
To update the license key:
- Open the Configuration app.
- Go to
- Enter the license key in the
keyproperty. Make sure the key is on one line. Remove line breaks before you paste the key.
- Enter the registered email address in the
ownerproperty. Email is case sensitive. If you registered as
firstname.lastname@example.org not work.
There is no need to restart Magnolia for the new license to take effect.
Enter the license key manually into all your Magnolia instances, including public instances. The key cannot be activated from author to public.
The license owner's email address is encoded into the registration key. If you change your email address and get a new key, change the address also in