The RabbitMQ module bundle provides an alternative way of publishing content and synchronizing instances in Magnolia.
The Magnolia RabbitMQ modules are suitable for:
- Environments consisting of more than five public instances.
- Environments that need to synchronize with other environments.
The RabbitMQ alternative:
- Gives you full control over activation and synchronization.
- Reduces the load on your author environment.
- Persists activations in queues, allowing for easier setup of continuous deployment environments.
This section guides you through the process of setting up RabbitMQ in your environment and installing and configuring the modules.
The RabbitMQ modules were built for Magnolia 5.5+. Working modules can be made available on request to Magnolia 5.4+ users.
The RabbitMQ bundle contains three modules:
- RabbitMQ Connector module – Integrates RabbitMQ with Magnolia.
- RabbitMQ Activation module – Allows you to synchronize and activate over RabbitMQ.
- RabbitMQ Monitoring module (optional) – Allows you to monitor behavior on update for each instance that receives activation messages.
Installing Magnolia RabbitMQ modules
Maven is the easiest way to install the modules. Add the following dependencies to your bundle:
<dependency> <groupId>info.magnolia.rabbitmq</groupId> <artifactId>magnolia-rabbitmq-connector</artifactId> <version>1.8</version> </dependency>
<dependency> <groupId>info.magnolia.rabbitmq</groupId> <artifactId>magnolia-rabbitmq-activation</artifactId> <version>1.8</version> </dependency>
<dependency> <groupId>info.magnolia.rabbitmq</groupId> <artifactId>magnolia-rabbitmq-monitoring</artifactId> <version>1.8</version> </dependency>
Pre-built jars are also available for download. See Installing a module for help.
Installing RabbitMQ service
Follow the instructions at RabbitMQ to download and install the service. Instructions and packages are provided for all operating systems.
- Magnolia modules are needed to set up RabbitMQ so install the three jars that are shipped with the parent POM first on your Magnolia instances.
- Connector module allows you to configure RabbitMQ directly from Magnolia. The module comes with a set of example consumers and producers that you can extend as necessary.
- Activation module allows you to sync and activate content to other instances. Those instances can be public or author instances.
- Monitoring module provides tools and a consumer for visualizing and monitoring the consuming process on all instances that receive activation messages.
- Configuring RabbitMQ
- Adding monitoring to your RabbitMQ configuration
- RabbitMQ advanced configuration and troubleshooting