This page and its subpages explain how to backup and restore data in a cloud-based Magnolia package.
Continue reading this page to learn the following:
Or go directly to the subpages for details about:
How and where data is kept safe
A Magnolia subscription package contains different types of data. We make sure that all your data is safe and can be recovered.
This table explains the different types of data and how and where we safeguard it.
|Type of data||Data is kept safe and backed up by||100% recoverable|
|Magnolia software bundle||Magnolia software repository||Yes|
|code||Magnolia light modules added by customer|
Release versions and git repository
Magnolia software custom configuration
(JCR data from the workspaces
Kept in backup data storage.
Only for Live environment
Editor created customer content
(JCR data in content workspaces such as,
What data is backed up
When a backup is executed, the following data is saved from the Live environment in its current state:
- Magnolia software custom configuration (JCR data form the workspaces
- Editor created customer content (JCR data from content workspaces such as,
contacts, and so on).
- The release version number (saved as metadata).
- The Magnolia software version number (saved as metadata).
The data is kept in a backup data package which you can use to restore the Live environment.
This applies to both for automatic and manual backups.
When data is backed up
Different events trigger the creation of backups:
- Automatic backups are made on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- When manual backup is created.
How many backups are kept?
The system keeps one backup for each type:
- One monthly backup
- One weekly backup
- One daily backup
- One manually created backup
The system keeps always the latest created backup version.