Digital asset management (DAM) stores all assets in one centralized location. You can view, manage and edit assets in the Assets app. You can use assets on pages and create links to them.
Assets stored in the DAM can be used on Web pages, for example to display an image on the page or to link to a downloadable document.
- Store all media types (image, video, audio, Flash, documents) in one place.
- Use assets on Web pages and in custom content types.
- Edit images.
- Metadata. By default the DAM supports the Dublin Core metadata standard. Additional standards can be added.
- Control access to assets and the editing functionality.
The DAM provides effective asset management and basic editing features. It is not intended to replace media tools that feature archiving and advanced edit functionality. The focus is on a convincing, consistent and easy to understand solution covering the everyday needs of companies running single or multiple websites with Magnolia.
The benefits of storing files in the DAM are:
- Centralization: The DAM provides a centralized location for assets that can be used across different websites in a Magnolia instance.
- Re-use: The same asset can be used in many locations of the site.
- Consistency: Updating a single asset in the Assets app propagates to all pages where the asset is used.
- Standardization: The same file properties are used each time the file is referenced. You can make the metadata fields mandatory to ensure editors include relevant content.
For installing, uninstalling and Maven dependencies please see Digital Asset Management module.