Magnolia CORE 5.6.13 is a bug-fixing and security release that also delivers several improvements.
Improved import and export functions for large data
The import and export functions have been improved to eliminate out-of-memory errors when exporting large binaries or workspaces.
Considering its benefits, this improvement has been included in this release even though it causes API incompatibilities. This is an exception to the rule of no API break in a minor release.
Configurable depth of reference resolution in REST
referenceDepth property, you can configure the REST Delivery endpoint API v2 to provide more than one level of reference resolution. In addition, you can toggle the
referenceRepeat property to enable resolution of self-references into fully expanded nodes. For more details, see the configurable API v2 properties.
Selected system properties in REST responses
With the REST Delivery API v2, you can use the
systemProperties property to specify which system properties (for example,
jcr:uuid) can be returned in REST responses.
REST services health check
With the exception of
magnolia-empty-webapp, you can now check whether a Magnolia instance is up and running by sending a REST request to a dedicated endpoint called
status. For more details, see the REST services health check page.
Third-party library updates
This release comes with the following third-party library updates to fix some security and incompatibility issues:
- ckeditor-wrapper-for-vaadin updated to 7.12.9 (MAGNOLIA-7662, MGNLVA-6)
- commons-compress updated to 1.19 (BUILD-353)
- H2 database updated to 1.4.199 (MAGNOLIA-7631)
- jackson-databind updated to 2.9.10 (MAGNOLIA-7637)
Notable bug fixes
The following issues have been resolved where:
- In the Content Translation Support module, multivalue fields could not be exported even when added as a supported field type (MGNLCTS-107).
- In the Publishing module, simultaneous
publishcommands were not synchronized (PUBLISHING-73).
Collection of usage metrics updated
To better understand how Magnolia is run in production, application server information is now included in usage metrics reports.
Dependency on Publishing module downgraded
See the 5.6.13 changelog for all the changes.
- Cache 5.6.3
- Community Edition 5.6.13
- Content Translation Support 2.2.3
- Enterprise Edition 5.6.13
- Magnolia 5.6.12
- Publishing 1.0.9
- Publishing Transactional 1.0.5
- REST Framework 2.1.5
- Third-party library BOM 5.6.8
- UI 5.6.12
- Usage Metrics 1.0.3
- Vaadin Compatibility Addons 1.0.2
The Magnolia team would also like to thank everyone who reported issues, contributed patches or simply commented on issues for this release. Your continued interest helps us make Magnolia better. Special thanks go to Will Scheidegger.