Magnolia 5.7 reached extended end of life on May 31, 2022. Support for this branch is limited, see End-of-life policy. Please note that to cover the extra maintenance effort, this EEoL period is a paid extension in the life of the branch. Customers who opt for the extended maintenance will need a new license key to run future versions of Magnolia 5.7. If you have any questions or to subscribe to the extended maintenance, please get in touch with your local contact at Magnolia.
The Cache Browser app allows you to log in - remotely and simultaneously - to all public instances from the author instance to manage the cache. The app is a central point to control what’s in the cache. You can force-flush items by deleting, and download items for inspection and comparison.
No configuration is required. The public instances are detected automatically from the subscriber configuration. The app is implementation-agnostic and works in the same way regardless on the installed cache engine.
The app is a subapp of the Cache Tools app.
<version/>in the dependency.
The browser displays the content of the cache on all public instances. It gives you a single place of control and lets you explore the cache.
- You can see whether content exists on only one or multiple public instances.
- Compare content on different instances. For example, check whether the same image is served.
- Check how your load balancer is working. For example, see if the cache is distributed evenly between instances.
To use the app:
- On the author instance open the Browser subapp and log in. For your security, passwords are not stored. You need to login every time you use the app.
- In the cache browser you can:
- Download items for inspection. Multiple items are delivered in a ZIP file.
- Delete items to force-flush them from the cache.
- Sort on column headings.