Magnolia 5.7 reached extended end of life on May 31, 2022. Support for this branch is limited, see End-of-life policy. Please note that to cover the extra maintenance effort, this EEoL period is a paid extension in the life of the branch. Customers who opt for the extended maintenance will need a new license key to run future versions of Magnolia 5.7. If you have any questions or to subscribe to the extended maintenance, please get in touch with your local contact at Magnolia.
Magnolia CORE 5.7.10 is a bug-fixing and security release that delivers the following:
Third-party library updates
This release comes with the following third-party library updates to fix some security and compatibility issues:
- Groovy updated to 2.5.14 (BUILD-427).
- Guava updated to 30.1-jre (BUILD-429).
- Jackson and RESTEasy updated to 2.10.1 and 3.10.0.Final respectively (BUILD-431).
- jQuery and jQuery Migrate updated to 3.6.0 and 3.3.2 respectively (MGNLUI-6640).
- PDFBox updated to 2.0.23 (BUILD-442).
- Tomcat updated to 9.0.43 (MGNLTOMCAT-18).
- XStream updated to 1.4.15 (BUILD-428).
We keep the details of security-related fixes private in line with our security policy. Contact our Support team if you need more information.
Notable bug fixes
The following issues have been resolved in the Form module where:
FormSummaryParagraphModeltried to wrap each node twice with
- The final step of booking a tour in the Travel Demo did not work correctly (MGNLFORM-309).
- Internationalization (i18n) did not work for error messages in the module (MGNLFORM-314).
- The information about the available fields in FreeMarker was misleading in regard to nested forms (MGNLFORM-322).
End of life for Magnolia 5.7 postponed
With this release, the end of life for the 5.7 branch has been pushed back to May 31, 2022.
If you are upgrading from an earlier version, read Upgrading to Magnolia 5.7.x first and check the Known issues section on the page.
See the 5.7.10 changelog for all the changes.
- Barebones Tomcat Bundle 1.1.6
- Community Edition 5.7.10
- Enterprise Edition 5.7.10
- Form 2.5.6
- License 1.6.2
- Magnolia 5.7.10
- Mail 5.5.7
- Solr Search Provider 5.2.5
- Third-party library BOM 5.7.9
- UI 5.7.10
- Usage Metrics 1.1.2
The Magnolia team would also like to thank everyone who reported issues, contributed patches or simply commented on issues for this release. Your continued interest helps us make Magnolia better. Special thanks go to Marc Johnen, Marek Lesiak, David Martin and Andrey Zavodnik.