Magnolia CMS 6.1.3 brings bug fixes, security updates and several usability improvements.
Changes for users
UX improvements for Safari users
The following issues have been fixed in the app launcher, which mainly affected Safari users:
- An app would open only after clicking an app tile a second time. This has also been fixed in Chrome where it occasionally happened. MGNLUI-5250
- The scroll function was faulty, leaving the apps at the bottom of the launcher inaccessible on smaller displays. MGNLUI-5366
- Wrong app started after selecting an app in the Apps group. MGNLUI-5288
Bootstrapping YAML files from bootstrap directory
YAML files located in the directory defined by the
magnolia.bootstrap.dir property are now bootstrapped as well.
Out of memory when exporting large data
We have improved the import and export functions to eliminate out-of-memory errors occurring when exporting large binaries or workspaces.
Note: Considering the benefits of this improvement, we have decided to include it in this release even though it causes API incompatibilities, thus creating an exception to the rule of no API break in a minor release. For details see https://nexus.magnolia-cms.com/content/sites/magnolia.public.sites/ref/6.1.3/magnolia-core/clirr-report.html.
Skipping bean property fixed
This release also fixes an issue reported as a bean property is skipped message in the Definitions app, resulting in areas not being rendered from prototypes.
Changes for developers
Support for additional configurations in S3 Asset Provider
New properties can be configured in the Amazon S3 Asset Provider (
awsDefaultCredentialProviderChainEnabled: enables authentication via the AWS default credential provider chain.
clientTTLMillis: defines the amount of time in milliseconds to keep an AWS client before getting a new one.
bucketName: filters buckets by name to show in the S3 Browser.
showAllBuckets: overrides the visibility filtering of buckets.
assetCacheControl: sets CacheControl for an asset with the given value.
In addition to these properties, a few bug fixes have been implemented in this module.
More responsive Amazon S3 Connector
The Amazon S3 Connector module has been updated to improve app startup times, keep buckets in cache and reduce memory consumption.
Note that the S3 module is not bundled.
Including selected system properties in REST responses
With the REST Delivery API v2, you can use the
systemProperties property to specify which system properties such as
jcr:uuid can be returned in REST responses.
Third-party library updates
- ckeditor updated to 4.11.3 (MAGNOLIA-7642, MGNLVA-6)
- commons-compress updated to 1.19 (BUILD-353)
- deeplearning4j updated to 1.0.0-beta4 to improve memory consumption and performance issues (MLEARN-18)
- H2 database updated to 1.4.199 (MAGNOLIA-7631)
- jackson-databind and jackson-core updated to 2.9.10 (MAGNOLIA-7637)
- jquery updated to 3.4.1 (MAGNOLIA-7639)
Some of the screenshots in the documentation still show the legacy Magnolia 5 UI. Please bear with us as we work to update them.
Usage metrics collection update
The current release extends the collection of anonymous non-personal usage data when you use Magnolia to include the status of the
See the 6.1.3 changelog for all the changes.
- Amazon S3 Connector 1.2.2
- Cache 5.8.1
- Community Edition 6.1.3
- DX Core 6.1.3
- External Forms 1.5.1
- Machine Learning 1.1.1
- Magnolia 6.1.3
- Publishing 1.1.2
- REST Framework 2.1.3
- Soft Locking 2.7.2
- Third-party library BOM 6.1.3
- UI 6.1.3
- Usage Metrics 1.0.3
- Vaadin Compatibility Addons 1.3.2
The Magnolia team would also like to thank everyone who reported issues, contributed patches or simply commented on issues for this release. Your continued interest helps us make Magnolia better. Special thanks go to David Caviedes Marquez, Thomas Comiotto, Thomas Duffey, Thomas Peintner, Rajeev Singh and Robin Wilson.