Magnolia CMS 6.1.5 brings bug fixes, security updates and a few usability improvements.
Configuration to disable search result ranking
In the Periscope Result Ranker module, the new
info.magnolia.periscope.ResultRankerConfiguration allows you to entirely disable the ranking of Find Bar search results. You may want to use this configuration to improve memory usage or resolve potential compatibility issues with DL4J libraries.
REST services health check
With the exception of
magnolia-empty-webapp, you can now check whether a Magnolia instance is up and running by sending a REST request to a dedicated endpoint called
status. For more details, see the REST services health check page.
Third-party library updates
This release comes with the following third-party library updates to fix some security and incompatibility issues:
- H2 database updated to 1.4.200 (MAGNOLIA-7727)
- Jackrabbit updated to 2.18.5 (BUILD-365)
- PDFBox and Tika updated to 2.0.18 and 1.23 respectively (BUILD-361)
- Tomcat updated to 9.0.31 (MGNLTOMCAT-13)
Notable bug fixes
The following issues have been resolved where:
- In the Advanced Cache module, wrong keys were generated for personalized pages with nested component variants (MGNLADVCACHE-107).
- In the Cache module, using multiple decoration files for the same configuration threw an exception (MGNLCACHE-223).
- In the Scheduler module, all programmatically added jobs were deleted on restart (MGNLSCH-64).
Some of the screenshots in the documentation still show the legacy Magnolia 5 UI. Please bear with us as we work to update them.
API incompatibility due to fix
Fixing an out-of-memory error when exporting large files in Java 11 has caused an API incompatibility in this release. This is an exception to the rule of no API break in a minor release. For more details, see the Clirr report.
Publishing and Site modules inaccessible to non-DX Core users
Publishing 1.1.4 and Site 1.2.4 rely on artifacts in maintenance mode, making them inaccessible to non-DX Core users. To fix this, the recommended Publishing 1.2 and Site 1.3 are now available in our public Nexus repository and will be bundled with Magnolia 6.1.6.
Dependency on Publishing module downgraded
requestor properties replaced
info.magnolia.task.Task have been deprecated in favor of
Content API classes replaced
In the Site module, the
PropertyValueDelegateTask classes of the legacy
Content API have been replaced with
See the 6.1.5 changelog for all the changes.
- Advanced Cache 2.2.1
- Barebones Tomcat Bundle 1.1.3
- Cache 5.8.2
- Community Edition 6.1.5
- DX Core 6.1.5
- Groovy 2.8.2
- Machine Learning 1.1.2
- Magnolia 6.1.5
- Periscope 1.1.2
- Personalization 1.8.1
- Publishing 1.1.4
- Publishing Transactional 1.0.5
- REST Framework 2.1.5
- Scheduler 2.3.3
- Site 1.2.4
- Task Management 1.2.7
- Third-party library BOM 6.1.5
- UI 6.1.5
- Usage Metrics 1.1
The Magnolia team would also like to thank everyone who reported issues, contributed patches or simply commented on issues for this release. Your continued interest helps us make Magnolia better. Special thanks go to Thomas Duffey and Rajeev Singh.