Magnolia CMS 6.1.7 brings a number of bug fixes and security updates as well as an improvement to the Mail module. With this release, the extended end-of-life period for the 6.1 branch will now run until March 31, 2021. This period is intended to give you more flexibility when planning migration to a fully supported release.
Debug mode for SMTP
In the Mail module, a
debug property has been added to
info.magnolia.module.mail.smtp.SmtpConfiguration. To debug
javax.mail.Session, set the property to
true. See SMTP Session debugging for more information.
Third-party library updates
This release comes with the following third-party library updates to fix some security and compatibility issues:
- Bouncy Castle Provider updated to 1.64 (BUILD-400).
- Google API Client, HTTP Client and OAuth Client updated to 1.30.10, 1.36.0 and 1.31.0 respectively (MGNLMAIL-108).
- HttpClient updated to 4.5.13 (BUILD-411).
- SnakeYAML updated to 1.2.6 (BUILD-401).
- Tomcat updated to 9.0.39 (MGNLTOMCAT-17).
- XStream updated to 1.4.14 (BUILD-422).
Notable bug fixes
The following issues have been resolved where:
- In the REST Content Delivery module, invalid JSON was produced whenever a reference resolver that was applied to a list returned
- In the Task Management module, performance slowed down as more tasks were added. To improve performance, you need to reindex the
tasksworkspace using the new task-specific indexing configuration (TASKMGMT-41).
As part of a security fix,
HtmlColumnRenderer now supports only the
target attributes (MGNLUI-6405, restricted access).
We have fixed several security issues (including vulnerabilities to deserialization, SSRF and XSS attacks) with this release. We keep the details of those fixes private in line with our security policy. Contact our Support team if you need more information.
See the 6.1.7 changelog for all the changes.
- Barebones Tomcat Bundle 1.1.5
- Community Edition 6.1.7
- Content Dependencies 1.9.3
- Content Translation Support 2.4.3
- DX Core 6.1.7
- Form 2.5.4
- Magnolia 6.1.7
- Mail 5.5.6
- Public User Registration 2.7.5
- REST Framework 2.1.6
- Task Management 1.2.8
- Third-party library BOM 6.1.7
- UI 6.1.7
The Magnolia team would also like to thank everyone who reported issues, contributed patches or simply commented on issues for this release. Your continued interest helps us make Magnolia better. Special thanks go to Sven Bach, Matei "Mal" Badanoiu, Stefan Baur, Marian-Razvan Ilisanu, Philip Mundt, Julius Rabe and Richard Unger.