Need help with your cloud deployment of Magnolia? As you have a support contract with Magnolia, you can enter support requests into our Jira issue tracking system. In addition, you can also get very valuable help from the mailing lists and wiki.
If you don't have a Magnolia support account yet, please contact Magnolia Sales at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Name. Please give your personal name. Don't use a shared account. We are happy to create two accounts if needed.
- Client. This is needed if you are working for a client who already has a contract with Magnolia.
- Email address. Please provide an individual email address at your company, not a generic account such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone number where we can reach you.
Reporting an issue
Provide lots of details when reporting an issue. This allows us to help you more effectively. Please report how to reproduce the problem, attach log files, screenshots and so on. Create an issue directly or click Create new issue and select the Cloud Support project in Jira.
If you do not see the Cloud Support project in Jira, you do not have a support account. Send us the details listed above. Support requests reported in other projects will be closed since they lack details about your configuration.
Select from the following issue types:
- Support Request. Use for configuration or development advice. The number of hours spent on this type of issue is not unlimited but is governed by the clause of your service level agreement or product agreement with Magnolia.
- Cloud Malfunction. Use to ask for help with any kind of problem related to corrupted Cockpit instance, missing documentation or malfunctioning Magnolia code. Covered by support agreement.
- Development Support Request. Developer support is available for Magnolia Partners and Magnolia DX Core customers only. We use a range of online communication tools to ensure that support is provided by our experts to your developers.
When reporting an issue, the more information you provide, the better we can address your issue. Here's how to collect information from your system.
There are several ways to export content, data and configuration. The most common is exporting XML.
To export XML:
- Right-click a node to export the node and its children.
- Select Export. Accept any system requests to download file containing XML.
The resulting XML file contains the node hierarchy. File name matches the path in the repository. For example, when you export Configuration >
/modules/adminInterface/controls the file name is
config.modules.adminInterface.controls.xml. When Magnolia Support imports the file it will recreate your node hierarchy in their Magnolia instance.
Reporting a security issue
If you find a security vulnerability in Magnolia, please report it privately:
Magnolia Support team will investigate and take appropriate action. Our goal is to keep the vulnerability private. Issues in the Cloud Support project are private to Magnolia and the issue reporter.
We take security seriously and aim to provide patches promptly.
Moving an issue into the Cloud Support project
To move an issue entered into another project into the Cloud Support project:
- Open the issue in Jira.
- Click More actions > Move.
- Set New Project to Cloud Support.
- Set New Issue Type to Support Request.
- Click Next and fill the environment details.
Making issues visible to teammates
By default, support issues are only visible to the reporter (you) and Magnolia Support staff. If you want to grant your teammates access to the issue, type their account names into the Visible to field.
Following up on your issues
At any time, you can see the status of your issues by browsing Jira.
Once a member of the Magnolia Support Team takes your request in charge, it will switch to the In Progress status. If we need more information from you, you will receive an email and the status will be Waiting for customer information. To reply to us, please use the Jira web interface, and the Reply to Magnolia Support action (in the left menu), so that it comes back to us in the proper status. Here too, your collaboration will help us follow up with your issue more effectively. Of course, you can always add comments or attachments when needed.
Once the issue is resolved for you, you can Close it immediately. A member of the Magnolia Support Team could also Resolve your issue, in which case you'll have the possibility to Confirm the issue resolution or Re-open it if you think your issue isn't entirely solved.
Issues, where we have been waiting for feedback for a certain amount of time, might get closed automatically. You'll always have the possibility to Re-open issues, even if they have been closed this way.
Maintenance mode in Magnolia cockpit
When Magnolia is conducting a support or maintenance operation requiring downtime, we switch your subscription package to maintenance mode. You can only view your package when it is in maintenance mode. A message indicating that your package is temporarily in maintenance mode is displayed in the subscription package overview page:
The Magnolia Cloud Support team will always contact you to schedule any downtime required in advance.
You can get some help from the community. Describe your issue on the forum, paste logs to a text storage service such as pastebin.com and link to them from your forum post. Don't paste large amounts of text in the forum post itself.
Subscribe to the mailing lists to stay updated. You can post questions and reach a wide community of experts.
Community supported wiki has technical articles and tips.