This page and its subpages explain how to backup and restore data in a cloud-based Magnolia package.
Continue reading this page to learn the following:
Or go directly to the subpages for details about:
How and where data is kept safe
A Magnolia subscription package contains different types of data. We make sure that all your data is safe and can be recovered.
This table explains the different types of data and how and where we safeguard it.
|Type of data||Data is kept safe and backed up by||100% recoverable|
|Magnolia software bundle||Magnolia software repository||Yes|
|code||Magnolia light modules added by customer|
Release versions and git repository
Magnolia software custom configuration
(JCR data from the workspaces
Kept in backup data storage.
Only for Live environment
Editor created customer content
(JCR data in content workspaces such as,
What data is backed up
When a backup is executed, the following data is saved from the Live environment in its current state:
- Magnolia software custom configuration (JCR data form the workspaces
- Editor created customer content (JCR data from content workspaces such as,
contacts, and so on).
- The release version number (saved as metadata).
- The Magnolia software version number (saved as metadata).
This applies to both for automatic and manual backups.
When data is backed up
Different events trigger the creation of backups:
- Automatic backups are made on a daily, weekly and monthly basis at 1:00 UTC when we assume site traffic is at a minimum. Contact the Cloud Helpdesk to change this time to suit your site.
- When you create a manual backup.
- When you upgrade the version of Magnolia in a Live environment.
How many backups are kept?
The system keeps the most recently created backup for each type:
- One monthly backup
- One weekly backup
- One daily backup
- One manually created backup
If you need more backups stored, contact the Cloud Helpdesk to find an arrangement.