The DAM Connector Pack enables you to seamlessly integrate with your external DAM or storage system. This means you can access and use all your assets centrally from Magnolia regardless of where they are stored, eliminating the need for switching tools, costly and time-consuming asset migration or changing processes.
The DAM connector pack caters to enterprise customers who have thousands of assets to manage, including videos, PDFs and images. The pack provides out-of-the-box connectors to:
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
All your assets in one place
The DAM Connector Pack makes assets from your Bynder or S3 account available directly within Magnolia, close to your content.
This means you can work with several DAM systems from one central location:
- Upload or download assets to and from Bynder or S3 directly from the Magnolia UI. The formats supported are those supported by your third-party solution (except ZIP upload - not supported by Magnolia).
- In the case of S3, create a hierarchy of buckets and folders to store assets directly from the Magnolia UI. Bynder uses a flat hierarchy instead.
- Browse and view assets in Magnolia with the preview feature to help.
- Filter assets using the column filters in Magnolia to find what you are looking for fast.
- Edit key information for assets, such as the name (or the description for Bynder). The changes are stored in your third-party solution.
- Edit images using the Assets app basic editing feature.
- Delete items from Magnolia (except S3 buckets). When you delete an item, it is deleted from your third-party solution. The typical Magnolia deletion workflow does not apply.
Seamless integration with your content
Content authors can use external assets seamlessly in the Pages app or other content apps.
The DAM Connector Pack provides a sample Text and external image page component in the Pages app so that editors and marketers can select and use external assets directly.
When selecting an asset, choose from the configured providers to access the assets.