The DAM provides basic image editing functionality. You can edit all uploaded images in the image editor.
To open the image editor:
- Select an image.
- Click Edit asset in the action bar.
- Click the icon in the Media field.
- The image editor opens in the same tab.
If you edit an image directly after upload, the edited image will be stored in the DAM and you will not be able to revert to the uploaded version without re-uploading it. To retain the uploaded version, save it directly after the upload and edit a duplicate.
The image editor displays:
- Image in full size. If the image is larger than the available screen, scroll bars will appear to the right and below the image.
- Editing actions. Edits are executed sequentially (for example, you can crop, rotate and then crop again).
- Crop: crops the image ( not supported in IE11).
- Rotate: rotates the image 90° to the right with each click.
- Flip: flips the image either horizontally or vertically.
- Undo/Redo: reverts to the state before the last edit action or re-executes the last edit action.
- Zoom the image to fit the window or the actual image size. Once the image is scaled to fit, you can continue to resize your browser and the image will continue to adapt dynamically.
- Image size (in pixels) below the image.
- Cancel editing and Save changes. Both actions close the editor and return you to the Asset dialog. The button names change dynamically to Crop image and Cancel after executing a crop, but for other editing actions they retain their default state.
You can edit a number of images simultaneously by opening the image editor in multiple browser tabs. This is useful when making the same edits to many images (for example,to the same size or .
Editing images in other apps
You can edit images directly in other apps that use them. The procedure and actions are identical to those in theand function in exactly the same way.