The Notifications app provides users with relevant runtime information about the system. To open the app, click the down arrow in the Notifications box in the top-right corner of the screen:
The notifications counter counts only new notifications. The green dot appears next to the counter only if there are new notifications.
The app displays the following notification types:
- Error: Reports severe problems that have occurred, typically system errors.
- Info: Informs the user about a change in a situation.
In the Notifications | New tab, new notifications are marked with a green dot in the New column. The Info tab shows only info notifications, while the Problems tab shows only warnings and errors.
In all the tabs you can:
- Sort notifications by clicking the column header.
- Open a notification by double-clicking it.
- Delete notifications using the Delete notification action.
Storage of notifications
Magnolia stores notifications separately for each user in the
messages workspace. Every notification is persisted unless the user deletes it in the Notifications app using the Delete notification action.