Outdated with 5.2.2
Mastering social media with Tinext
Tinext is an official Magnolia International partner. Because Tinext knows the value of social media when developing and promoting your business, they have developed the Social Media Hub app that enables you to integrate social media functionality into Magnolia CMS.
- easy sharing of web content;
- a dashboard-style view of statistics;
- support for multiple accounts on services such as Facebook and Twitter.
Note - The Social Media Hub does not feature Tinext branding.
Download Social Media Hub
Try version 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar (tested up to Magnolia 5.2.2 CE)
Or get latest version from nexus.
Or add dependency to maven:
- Permits posting on Twitter account or Facebook pages via the Magnolia UI
- Manual and automatic content sharing
- Multi-language support
- URL shortening via Google service (other services are pluggable). When adding URLs, Social Media Hub automatically shortens them through Google URL shortening service.
- Automatic hash-tagging - The app allows you as well to add hashtags automatically to all your tweets, according to a dictionary which can be managed in the settings of the application.
- Sharing history
- Stats and insights (trends, like count, mentions, re-Tweets)
- Community Edition based, can be upgraded to Enterprise Edition
The Social Media Hub module has been developed specifically for Magnolia 5, and it integrates social media functions into the Content Management System: thanks to a dashboard, any editor can easily select a page in his own website, and share it on the social network he prefers in just a few clicks. The app can manage at the same time different Twitter accounts and multiple Facebook pages. Trends, insights, and statistics are shown directly on the app’s dashboard, so that editors are kept informed about the key metrics of the different social accounts.
Tinext presented the Social Media Hub at the Magnolia Conference 2013.
Installing the app
What do I need before starting?
- Magnolia CE 5.x (tested with 5.0, 5.1.1, 5.2.2)
- Facebook APP
- Twitter APP
- Facebook account with bundled pages (https://www.facebook.com/pages/create/)
- Twitter account
- Drop your jar into WEB-INF/lib folder and install the module:
- The module will prompt some useful hints during installation (both log and screen):
- After installation, you should be a new group of Apps in Magnolia AdminCentral (Social: SocialHub, Social Config).
Connect the Social Media Module with Facebook and Twitter apps. Create one if necessary:
- After obtaining the keys, open the Social Media Hub Config App and set the values:
Note - Remember to change your Public Url: it is needed by Social Media Hub to generate your sharing links from Author Instance (often not exposed to public audience).
- Open the Social Media Dashboard Hub App and login to Facebook and Twitter:
- migrated to Magnolia CE 5.2.2.
- changed module start/install order (added dependency to STK).
- changed console.log() to log().
- fixed http://jira.magnolia-cms.com/browse/SMH-1.
- added an account button counter, to inform the user about how many social media accounts are connected.
- bundled appKeys/secrets. App should work out of the box.
- changed the "noisy" alert about missing Facebook pages bound to the logged user account.
Social Media Hub is licensed under GNU GPL v3: you are free to use, change and redistribute this software for personal use or commercial purposes.
Tinext is an official Magnolia International partner: http://www.tinext.com/