Task: Integrate a custom product picker into Magnolia that supports
Boosting of product variants
Replacements, for example to substitute colors that are out of stock
A celebrity wears an outfit that our client sells. The client needs to quickly put together a category page that allows consumers to buy that outfit or similar products. The product picker/query builder should allow the client to compose that category page in a rush.
1. Create a content app that fetches the product catalog from the commerce tool over REST.
2. Allow the editor to search and filter the catalog to find the right set of products to promote.
3. Allow the editor to boost individual products with a custom action in the action bar.
4. Save the search criteria as a query.
5. Render the queried content on the page.